Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Housewives Club!

Last week ended on a really high note for me in general - I had a really good weekend, met some cool new people and really chilled out. I probably had the best weekend that I've had in Jakarta since I arrived. It was awesome. Unfortunately I had a proverbial kick in the balls when I got to work on Monday. I was informed that I'm going to be teaching an Indonesian housewives club... What the fuck do I have in common with a bunch of 50 year old Indonesian birds?!...

I taught them for the first time this morning, they were really nice, but terrible at English... That wouldn't be such a problem, but my school seems obsessed with offering conversation classes! These are classes where you choose a topic to talk about for 80 minutes, although they don't even provide so much as a sniff of material to work with... Again, the ladies want a conversation class, it's just a shame that none of them can converse! Today I talked about the Womens' Institute in the UK for half of the lesson and then had them design posters of their own womens' clubs. These classes are going to be a nightmare because I have to think of topics and create the material myself. I've already had some positive feedback, apparently the ladies think I'm cute and nice. That's a bonus, the new class that I have that is almost impossible to teach, also doubles up as a "Mr. Lee" fanclub...

Rant aside, I did have a good weekend. I've just started the week in a bitter fashion because I didn't sleep much Sunday night and then have had two jam-packed days. I can have a lie-in tomorrow though, so all is not lost, I'm also going to Bandung with some teachers from another school and one of my colleagues at the weekend, so that should be pretty cool. It has also been confirmed that I have my weekends for the next four weekends... so that should be nice! I'm also going to start looking at booking some holidays and things in the very near future, I have some cool ideas and want to see some pretty stuff here...

No comments:

Post a Comment