Tuesday, 15 December 2009

I've finished my CELTA!... At least 'provisionally'.

It's kind of a strange feeling at the moment - on the one hand I'm really stoked to be leaving, and on the other I can't believe I'm ready to go. I have a complete desire to go, completely reinforced by a 6 month stint in my home town with no money and very little in the way of entertainment. I don't mind the Midlands so much - it is quite a dreary place - but after all, I'm used to it... it's home!

Anyway, I've finished my CELTA and have a job lined up in Jakarta. I don't leave until the 22nd of January, so I'm kind of just waiting to leave really. Although Christmas is inbetween and will give me ample time to see everyone before I go.

The CELTA was an incredible experience full of highs and lows. I like to think the highs outweigh the lows though. I'd encourage anybody to do it, it's tougher than you'd expect and it really hits home how tough teaching is initially. The students at the college were great and I hope they all do well in the future... I just hope my Indonesian students will be as nice and understanding!

I'm going to stop bantering now... I'm writing quite alot and I'm not leaving for 5 weeks and 2 days. (not like I'm counting or anything!)

Below is a picture of our leaving drink (minus the inimitable Rotimi) to celebrate the end of the CELTA. Tata for now... I'll write another post when I arrive in Jakarta! Woo!...




No comments:

Post a Comment